St Paul's Church is on the High Street in Heol-Y-Cyw between the
Primary School and the Pub.
Before the church was built the services were in a cottage near the
present site. Although the village of Heol-Y-Cyw was very small at that
time, people came from a wide area to worship.
Eventually the cottage became too small and so came into being the present church. A grant of £50 was made on the 31st July 1888 from the Bishop of Llandaff’s fund. St Paul’s church was built in 1889 by Messrs Griffiths, Britannia, Pencoed for the total cost of £300. It followed the plan of ancient churches with the exception of having the altar, lectern and pulpit at the west end instead of the east side of the building.
Although the foundation stone inscription is in the Welsh language and the services were then conducted in Welsh, today the service is in English, however for many years the service was conducted in both Welsh and English.
By 1909/10 due to the efforts of the lay reader Mr J.J. Deer a Liddiatt Pipe Organ was purchased. Over the years various people were employed to pump the organ and they were paid 6d for every service. This went on until 1955 when an electric motor was fitted. The organ was restored in 1990/92 and declared 150 years old.
For more information see service times or map.